Tobin Dorn is a featured American designer with 25 years in global markets for
style and performance and is most recognized for contributions in the footwear industry due to his deep understanding of product innovation, consumer insights, design & story telling.
Tobin is a Visual Arts graduate from Miami's acclaimed New World School of the Arts (1990) & a Communications/Design graduate from Brooklyn's renowned Pratt Institute of Art (1996).
His career highlights:
- Created NY Yankee, Derek Jeter's, Fila rookie cross trainer (1996)
- Designed boot concepts for the first X-Men film (2000) with Puma x New Regency
- Appeared on the '60 Minutes' television program (2000) as a Puma footwear senior designer featuring principal investor Arnon Milchan
- Created Anderson Silva's MMA brand and trademark, 'Killer Bees Muay Thai College' (2003)
- Designed Olympic track suits for PUMA and worn by Jamaican relay champions in Athens, Greece (2004)
- Designed & developed soccer shoe technologies endorsed by Paulo Roberto Falcão x Umbro (2006) that were inspired by the octopus and centipede anatomies and were featured in Yankodesign.com
- Creating the official MMA walkout uniforms for the UFC and Reebok (2013)
- Designed, developed and tested performance marathon shoes worn by Kenyan champions Edwin Kipsang and Nancie Kiproc as well as the FILA Running team (2013-18)
- Designed, developed and tested performance tennis shoes worn by and endorsed by the FILA Tennis team that included Jon Isner, Sam Querrey, Andre Seppi, Karolina Pliskova (2016-17) among others
- Created the FILA FUSION footwear collections (2018 - 2020)
- Developed special sneaker collaborations for the Disruptor, T-1 and Jagger for endorsed by Roy Wang, Chen Kun, Aape, Jeff Staple, D-Antidote & Atmos
- Designed the 2018 Milan Fashion Week 'ICONIC' footwear collection for FILA runway, pop store and online catalogs