Tobin Dorn is a featured American designer with 20+ years in global markets for style and performanceand is most recognized for his contributions in the footwear industry due to a deep understanding of product innovation, consumer insights, design & story telling.
Tobin is a Visual Arts graduate from Miami's acclaimed New World School of the Arts (1990) & a Communications/Design graduate from Brooklyn's renowned Pratt Institute of Art (1996).
His career highlights:
- Created NY Yankee, Derek Jeter's, Fila rookie cross trainer (1996)
- Designed boot concepts for the first X-Men film (2000) with Puma x New Regency
- Appeared on the '60 Minutes' television program (2000) as a Puma footwear senior designer featuring principal investor Arnon Milchan
- Created Anderson Silva's MMA brand and trademark, 'Killer Bees Muay Thai College' (2003)
- Designed Olympic track suits for PUMA and worn by Jamaican relay champions in Athens, Greece (2004)
- Designed soccer shoe technologies endorsed by Paulo Roberto Falcão x Umbro (2006) that were inspired by the octopus and centipede anatomies that were featured in Yankodesign
- Creating the official UFC walkout MMA uniforms in collaboration with Reebok USA (2013)
- Designed, developed and tested performance marathon shoes worn by Kenyan champions Edwin Kipsang and Nancie Kiproc as well as the FILA Running team (2013-17)
- Designed, developed and tested performance tennis shoes worn by and endorsed by the FILA Tennis team that included Jon Isner, Sam Querrey, Andre Seppi, Karolina Pliskova (2016-17) among others
- Created the FILA FUSION footwear collections (2018 + 2019)
- Developed special sneaker project collaborations of the Disruptor, T-1 and Jagger for Roy Wang, Chen Kun, Aape, Staple, D-Antitdote & Atmos
- Designed the 2018 Milan Fashion Week ICONIC footwear collection for FILA